6/30/07

The Snow Queen OST Version 1 Vs Version 2


When I first saw this CD and Snow Queen OST Version 2 - Love theme, I didn't quite know which to buy. In the end, I ordered both.Here's my take for this CD.
Packaging: 8++
The pictures on the CD, CD casing (especially the inside) and the booklet are fantastic. If you are Hyun Bin's fan, you will be spoilt with the his pictures inside.
Songs: 7
As this CD doesn't have some of the love theme songs that many fans of this show will die for, some of the fans may not be totally satisfied.However, this CD has songs that the other version doesn't have. If you like the song that was played when young Tae Woong and Bora ran at the airport (Hello), this CD has it. Other good songs would be Grace Love, Poor Man (the song that was played when Tae Woong prepared for the boxing tournament, First Snow's Love and of course The Snow Queen Main theme song . The rest of the album, like other OSTs, comprises of instrumental tracks.Basically, if you want all the OSTs, I guess you will have to buy both CDs.
Overall: 7
I think if you really like those songs like Hello, Poor Man and Grace Love, this is a must buy. If you are Hyun Bin's fan, this is also a must buy as the pictures inside are really nice.


The title of the CD says it all, The Snow Queen OST Version 2 - Love Theme. Yes, love is the theme. You will get most of the ballads that you hear in The Snow Queen. I guess the only two that are not in would be "Grace Love" and "Hello" which are found in Version 1.

Packaging: 7 to 9

Some how I can't help but to compare it with Version 1. If I were to compare paper quality, this CD will receive only 7. The Version 1 has glossier paper, so the pictures are clearer. However, in this version, there are 2 postcard pictures of Hyun Bin. This CD seems to be packaged for Hyun Bin's fans.

In Version 1, buyers will see pictures of other characters in the show. However, for this version, you will only see Hyun Bin and more of Hyun Bin. The whole CD booklet (which is part of the CD casing) is filled with Hyun Bin's picture. The only Sun Yuri's picture is at the back of the CD, and as I said before it was all Hyun Bin, she is not alone there. As Hyun Bin's fan, I would give such treat a 9.

Music: 10+++

Beautiful is the word to describe the ballads. You will be melted by "Love... Irrepressible Tears" - Jo Sung Mo, "I Feel Sad, but Goodbye" - Kan Mi Yeon and Meari - Loveholic. I simply love the ballads in this CD. As like other OST, instrumental version of these songs are collected here too.

Overall: 10

I am very sure all fans of the Snow Queen will love the songs found in this CD. This is a definite must buy. It is really worth the money.


I am so glad that I have made the decision to buy these 2 CDs. I am playing them non-stop!

2 comments:

sammiiee0.2 said...

Are these CDs sold in Singapore too?

singaporeteach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.