7/2/07

Rain cancels LA concerts

Ok, this is like a big piece of news, online K-news, Popseoul. I don't think he will want to cancel a concert that he has been preparing for. I kind of pity Rain. The reason is simple: the Korean organiser is M Star. Those who are familiar with Hyun Bin's managing company will know that's the same one.
On 26/06/2007, I wrote a comparison between Kim Jung Hoon's and Hyun Bin's company when I saw how far Hoonie has gone when compared to Hyun Bin. One was well-planned and the other was totally inactive in promoting its stars. Well, after seeing what has happened to Rain's concert, I don't have to say much about the company. The incident speaks for itself.
I hope the company will do some justice to Rain and perhaps Hyun Bin too.

Updated: Additional Information from Shin Ming Daily News: Apparently it was V2B Global over at the LA side that couldn't get things settled. It is not just M Star... Wah! Poor Rain. However, a Singaporean who flew there was upset that Rain didn't step out to apologise...

Teddy's take: Rain was very much a victim in such situations. I know why his fans were upset. However, I am sure his die-hard fans will be able to understand and accept that it was not his fault. I can't imagine how upset he is now. Perhaps very soon, Rain will have a press conference to apologise. I can see why he didn't do it there and then. Imagine staring at thousands of fans with disappointment, tears etc. It will be hard for Rain to swallow. Most probably he himself was emotionally charged then too. Do give Rain some time to come out and explain to the public.
Also, I think M Star must step out first to explain then Rain can step out easily. Afterall, all artistes need the managing companies to represent them in adverse situations. Sigh! Rain is a gem for Asia Music scene... Keep him that way.

2 comments:

Teddy said...

I bet Rain's supporters must be gutted by the news. However, Rain, using the term loosely here, is already a "global star". Hyun Bin's appeal is still pretty limited to the asian region and will have a tougher time enhancing his professional career if M Star is this bad. Let's all hope M Star bucks up after this booboo.

Icysnowqueen aka Teddy said...

Yes, apparently at Popseoul, many fans expressed their disappointment. I hope this is an adverse publicity that will lead to good outcome. Afterall, Rain is a gem of Korea.

Yea... M Star is still going extremely slow in promoting Hyun Bin. It is as if he is not good enough. Even with proof that he is popular in Japan, nothing much was done.