6/28/08

Flowers for My Life

I finished watching Flowers for My Life about a week ago. However, I didn't feel like doing the review.
How do I like the show?
Well, I loved it initially.
Hana's (Kang Hye Jung) cold and money-mindedness made her interestingly attractive.
Yoon Ho-sang (Cha Tae Hyun) was cute.
Oh Nam-kyung (Gong Hyun Joo) was pretty. I love her smiles.
Go Eun-tak (Kim Ji Hoon) was cold and good-looking.
There was some humour and quite a lot of romance in this show.
However, it made the world's sufferings, life and death into something too beautiful for my liking.
In fact, the moment Ho-sang got to know his condition, the show started going slow and draggy. From Episode 12 onwards, I find the show really draggy. It was all talk about Ho-sang's coming death and about separation and memories to be treasured and so on.
Beautiful as it may seem, for those who don't like draggy show, I think this show is a no-no.
In fact, the last 2 episodes were just them talking and talking and talking, preparing and preparing and preparing for Ho-sang's upcoming death. I guess it is so that the impact of the end would be less overwhelming. I just watched as I did my work.
Thank goodness in between the 16 episodes there were other stories of other characters to make the show more enjoyable, such as Eun-tak's relationship with his biological father.

Will I recommend this show?
Watch it if you are Kang Hye Jung and Cha Tae Hyun's fan.
Watch it if you are a sucker for romance.
Watch it if you really love to reflect on life itself.

Since I am not giving a full and really a superb review to a relatively good show, here are links to the various positive responses to the show in contrast to mine.
http://www.dramabeans.com/category/k-drama/flowers-for-my-life/
http://hellohallyu.blogspot.com/2007/07/watched-final-episode-of-flowers-for-my.html

No comments: