12/4/07

Review of Thank You


I have finished the show “Thank You”. No regrets watching the show. It has given me a lot of insights to how we should treat others. The theme that runs through the show is simply, “There’s nothing wrong with us. We are just different.” Peace reigns after watching the show.
Here’s my review:
Plot: 5/5
The story started with a haughty doctor, Mi Ki Seo (by Jang Hyuk), who didn’t care about anyone except his dying girlfriend, Cha Ji-min (by Choi Kang Hee). Before Ji-min died, she told Ki Seo to help her apologise to the family of a little girl who got Aids through a blood transfusion she administered as a doctor. That was how Ki Seo entered the world of Lee Young Shin (by Gong Hyo Jin) and Lee Bom (by Seo Shin Ae).
Young Shin, the mother of Lee Bom was a kind-hearted, helpful and good-natured person who tried to struggle to live on being unwedded mother and the granddaughter of Mr Lee (by Shin Goo) who had dementia. It was also Mr Lee who revealed to others that Lee Bom had Aids…
The story got entangled when Lee Bom’s father, Choi Suk Hyun (by Shin Sung Rok), came into the picture. This story shows a lot of human nature, its evils and goodness.

Jang Hyuk as Mi Ki Seo
Rating: 4.5/5
I simply love his manly looks. When he was haughty, he looked cool. When he was sad, he melted my heart. His acting is superb. He fitted the role very well. The chemistry between Lee Bom and him was fantastic.
However, I would love it if he didn’t smoke so much that he had a smoker’s mouth.
Gong Hyo Jin as Lee Young Shin
Rating: 4.5/5
She is a plain Jane. She reminds me of Tanya Chua, but a demure version. Her acting is good. I can’t fault her in any way. She fitted the role very well too. She was a little too plain even though the character called for such plain Jane.


Seo Shin Ae as Lee Bom
Rating: 5/5
The whole show is a no-go without her. She is the life and soul of this show. The little girl, her innocence, her smiles, her kindness, her faith, her warmth and cute little face… She simply stole my heart. Initially, I wondered why she was given such an important role when she didn’t have the typical beautiful child actress face. However, as I went on to the second episode, she was nothing but a darling. She made the whole show so captivating. She was crucial in killing the evils of her world. She was indispensable.

Shin Goo As Mr Lee
Rating: 5/5
His acting was so good that you would really think he had dementia. He acted well with Lee Bom, Young Shin and Ki Seo. The chemistry was great. He was very convincing in portraying the character.



Shin Sung Rok as Choi Suk Hyun
Rating: 3.5/5
I must say that I find him so pleasant that I like him. However, I seriously think he needs to learn how to act and cry. His acting wasn’t very convincing.

Overall:
5/5
I love this show. I love the message it tries to send. I love the OST. I love the way it is filmed. I love Seo Shin Ae. I love Mr Lee. I think it is worth watching. You won’t feel intense emotions but you will be touched. No dramatic ups and downs, but you will still sob, laugh and smile… Good show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Jang Hyuk.

Icysnowqueen aka Teddy said...

Ya, he is so manly.
:)